We take our clients’ financial privacy very seriously. During the course of processing your application, we accumulate non-public personal financial information from you and from other sources about your income, your assets, and your credit history in order to allow a lender to make an informed decision about granting you credit. We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
We collect nonpublic information about you from the following sources: (i) information we receive from you on applications or other forms; (ii) information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others; (iii) information we receive from a consumer reporting agency; and (iv) information we receive from you, voluntarily, such as your e-mail address and any information contained in your e-mail messages.
We do not disclose any nonpublic information about our customers or former customers to any third party, except as permitted by law. We do not share your nonpublic information with third parties to market their products to you. We may disclose information received on your application or other forms such as your name and address to companies that market our products on our behalf.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact Summit Mortgage Corporation at 800-466-3133.
California Consumers’ Rights and Choices
If you are a California resident, California law permits you to request Information regarding the:
- Categories of Personal Information (as defined by applicable California law) collected, sold or disclosed by us;
- Purposes for which categories of Personal Information collected by us are used;
- Sources of information from which we collect Personal Information; and
- Specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
In addition, if you are a California resident you may:
- Opt-out of the sale or disclosure of your Personal Information, in some circumstances;
- Opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us; however, you may still receive administrative communications regarding the Services;
- Opt-in to certain financial incentive programs we may offer related to the collection, sale, or deletion of your Personal Information; and
- Request deletion of your Personal Information by us and our service providers, in some circumstances.
Personal Information We Collect, Use, or Share
The CCPA requires us to disclose certain information regarding our collection, use, and sharing of personal information.
Collecting Your Personal Information
In the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers. This may include a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal information described in the California Customer Records Statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)). This may include a name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
- Characteristics of Protected Classification under California or Federal Law. This may include age, race, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth, and related medical conditions), veteran or military status.
- Commercial Information. This may include records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other similar network activity. This may include information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data (for users of RE Mobile)
- Professional or employment-related information. This may include current or past job history or performance evaluations.
In the past 12 months, we have collected personal information from the following categories of sources:
- you as a consumer
- internet service providers
- data analytics providers
- government entities
- operating systems and platforms
- social networks
- data brokers
We may collect your personal information for the following business or commercial purposes:
- Account Services: We use personal information to offer our account services, including: (1) establishing, maintaining, supporting, and servicing an account you may have opened with us and for which you provided the information or that you may have applied for or established with us; (2) providing services, products, or information you may have requested from us; and (3) performing services such as maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on our own behalf or on the service provider’s behalf.
- Security and Fraud Detection: We use personal information for our security and fraud detection services including: detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging: We use personal information to engage in debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Improvement of Products and Services: We use personal information to verify, maintain, and improve our products and services.
- Internal Research: We use personal information for our internal research related to technological development and demonstration.
- Advertising and Marketing Services: We use personal information to provide advertising or marketing services on our own behalf.
- Legal Obligations: We use personal information to comply with legal obligations.
- Audits: We use personal information to audit current interactions with you and related transactions (e.g., counting and verifying ad impressions, auditing compliance).
- Merger/Acquisition/Bankruptcy, etc.: We may use your personal information as part of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or other transaction where a third party assumes control of us.
Disclosing Your Personal Information for a Business or Commercial Purpose
We do not sell your personal information to any third parties.
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers and third parties in order to conduct specific business or commercial purposes.
In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of consumer personal information for business or commercial purposes to our service providers and the following categories of third parties:
- Identifiers to our data analytics providers, operating systems and platforms, internet service providers, government entities, and social networks.
- Personal information described in the California Customer Records Statute to our data analytics providers, operating systems and platforms, internet service providers, government entities, data brokers, and social networks.
- Characteristics of Protected Classification under California or Federal Law to our data analytics providers, operating systems and platforms, internet service providers, government entities, and social networks.
- Commercial Information to our operating systems and platforms and government entities.
- Internet or other similar network activity to our data analytics providers, operating systems and platforms, internet service providers, government entities, data brokers, and social networks.
- Professional or employment related information to our operating systems and platforms, and government entities.
You can make requests related to your California privacy rights by clicking on the applicable hyperlink(s) below, or by visiting: https://ccparequests.summit-mortgage.com/.
You may also make those requests by calling 1-800-466-3133 or by sending an email to: Compliance@summit-mortgage.com
Please be aware that we do not accept or process requests through other means.
When you make a request, we may ask you to provide verifying information, such as your name, email, or phone number. We will review the information provided and may request additional information via email or other means to ensure we are interacting with the correct individual. Please also be aware that making any such request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal or deletion of Personal Information or content you may have posted, and there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow us to fulfill your request.
Our Services are not directed to children, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If you learn that a child has provided us with Personal Information, then you may contact us as indicated above.
Do Not Track
Summit does not currently take steps to respond to browsers’ “Do Not Track” signals as no uniform standard to respond to such signals has been developed at this time.
Rev. March 24th, 2022
Privacy Notice for California Residents – Employees and Job Applicants
This PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – EMPLOYEES AND JOB APPLICANTS applies solely to job applicants, employees, owners, directors, officers, medical staff members or contractors of Summit Mortgage Corporation who are California residents that meet the definition of Consumer under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) (”consumers” or “you”).
California Civil Code Section 1798.100 provides that we must inform you of the categories of personal information to be collected from you and the purposes for which the information will be used:
|Category of Personal Information: IDENTIFIERS|
|Examples: A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||Purpose: We collect this information to process your application for employment, to determine your eligibility for employment, to process employee work-related claims, to administer pay and benefits, and to compile company directories.|
|Category of Personal Information: PERSONAL INFORMATION CATEGORIES DESCRIBED IN THE CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER RECORDS STATUTE (Cal. Civ. Code §1798.80(e))|
|Examples (some of these overlap with other categories): A name, signature, social security number, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.||Purpose: We collect this information to process your application for employment, to determine your eligibility for employment, to assess qualifications for a job or task, to process employee work-related claims, to compile company directories, and to administer pay and benefits.|
|Category of Personal Information: CHARACTERISTICS OF PROTECTED CLASSIFICATIONS UNDER CALIFORNIA OR FEDERAL LAW|
|Examples: Age, race, citizenship, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), veteran or military status.||Purpose: We collect this information for purposes of complying with applicable labor or employment statutes and to administer pay and benefits.|
|Category of Personal Information: PROFESSIONAL OR EMPLOYMENT-RELATED INFORMATION|
|Examples: Any professional or employment-related information including current or past job history or performance evaluations.||We collect this information to evaluate your application for employment, to assess qualifications for a job or task, to report on company metrics, to compile directories, and to conduct performance and goal reviews.|
|Category of Personal Information: INTERNET OR OTHER ELECTRONIC NET WORK ACTIVITY INFORMATION|
|Examples: Browsing history, search history, IP address, mobile device identifier, cookies, use of IT resources, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.||We collect this information for disaster recovery, business continuity and record keeping obligations and to comply with applicable law or regulatory requirements such as legal (state and federal) and internal company reporting obligations.|
This Notice was last updated on June 4, 2020. We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Summit Mortgage Corporation – Licensing
NMLS ID # 1041 (www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org)
Licensed in Oregon, Utah, and Washington as Summit Home Mortgage, Inc.
Summit Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Housing Lender.
|STATE||LICENSE TYPE||LICENSE NUMBER|
|California||Licensed by the Department of Financial Protection and Innovation under the California Residential Mortgage Lending Act||413 0421|
|Colorado||Mortgage Company Registration
Regulated by the Division of Real Estate
|Florida||Mortgage Lender Servicer||MLD879|
|Minnesota||Residential Mortgage Originator
This is not an offer to enter into an agreement. Any such offer may only be made in accordance with the requirements of Minn. Stat. Section 47.206 (3) and (4)
|New Jersey||Residential Mortgage Lender
Licensed by the N.J. Department of Banking and Insurance
|New Jersey||RMLA-Licensed Mortgage Servicer Registration||N/A|
|North Dakota||Money Broker License||MB103932|
|Pennsylvania||Mortgage Servicer License||67670|
|South Dakota||Mortgage Lender||ML.05307|
|Texas||Mortgage Banker Registration (See notice below)||43597|
|Utah||Mortgage Entity License||12153643|
|Utah||Residential First Mortgage Notification||N/A|
NMLS ID #1041 (www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org)
|Washington||Consumer Loan Company||CL-1041|
|Wyoming||Mortgage Lender/Broker License||4129|
|Wyoming||Consumer Lender License||CL-4376|
Notice to Texas Residents:
CONSUMERS WISHING TO FILE A COMPLAINT AGAINST A MORTGAGE BANKER OR A LICENSED MORTGAGE BANKER RESIDENTIAL MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATOR SHOULD COMPLETE AND SEND A COMPLAINT FORM TO THE TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF SAVINGS AND MORTGAGE LENDING, 2601 NORTH LAMAR, SUITE 201, AUSTIN, TEXAS 78705. COMPLAINT FORMS AND INSTRUCTIONS MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DEPARTMENT’S WEBSITE AT WWW.SML.TEXAS.GOV. A TOLL-FREE CONSUMER HOTLINE IS AVAILABLE AT 1-877-276-5550.
THE DEPARTMENT MAINTAINS A RECOVERY FUND TO MAKE PAYMENTS OF CERTAIN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET DAMAGES SUSTAINED BY BORROWERS CAUSED BY ACTS OF LICENSED MORTGAGE BANKER RESIDENTIAL MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATORS. A WRITTEN APPLICATION FOR REIMBURSEMENT FROM THE RECOVERY FUND MUST BE FILED WITH AND INVESTIGATED BY THE DEPARTMENT PRIOR TO THE PAYMENT OF A CLAIM. FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE RECOVERY FUND, PLEASE CONSULT THE DEPARTMENT’S WEB SITE AT WWW.SML.TEXAS.GOV.
This notice only applies to the residential mortgage loans on real estate located in Texas:
COMPLAINTS REGARDING THE SERVICING OF YOUR MORTGAGE SHOULD BE SENT TO THE DEPARTMENT OF SAVINGS AND MORTGAGE LENDING, 2601 NORTH LAMAR, SUITE 201, AUSTIN, TX 78705. A TOLL-FREE CONSUMER HOTLINE IS AVAILABLE AT 877-276-5550.
A complaint form and instructions may be downloaded and printed from the Department’s website located at www.sml.texas.gov or obtained from the department upon request by mail at the address above, by telephone at its toll-free consumer hotline listed above, or by email at email@example.com.